1. 2. 3. Have A Dream? Follow It! - The Mercedes-Benz Dutch Fashion Awards 2008 | Grayburn 4. 5.

Saturday

Have A Dream? Follow It! - The Mercedes-Benz Dutch Fashion Awards 2008

The Mercedes-Benz Dutch Fashion Award 2008 (November 7th) was most certainly an evening filled with glitz and glam. Many celebrities and the general public showed up, strutted their stuff, and showed us what they are all about.

Awards were handed out last night. The winner of the Dutch Fashion Icon Homme was none other than Carlo Wijnands, and the one honored as the winner of Dutch Fashion Icon Femme, was Aynouk Tan. Both winners were selected by the designers themselves as influenc-ers and inspirations in the Dutch fashion scene. But ultimately, the evening was about Monique Van Heist (pictured left, the moment she found out she'd won!), who stole the evening as the winner of the 2008 Incubator Award. With her reward of 25 000 euros (not dollars!) and a training package, she will be empowered to showcase her label to a wider audience. From where I was standing the moment they announced the winner, I heard cries and screams from some members of the audience behind me. I was instantly overcome by emotion, knowing how much of herself Van Heist must have dedicated to her work. Have a dream? Follow it! That about sums up what the evening was about.

Pictures from the event, which documents all the most amazing things I have seen, will come shortly. As I sit here writing this today, I realized that I am slightly hungover with euphoria from the evening and with Bols (who was a sponsor of the event, and might I say, who spoiled us rotten!).

Credit: Grayburn (Terms of Use), photo from dutchfashionawards

Related Posts



3 Comments:

Seeker said...

How great my dear!!!
Sounds you really enjoyed your evening!!!
(I'm a bit jealous, you know... I will never have an oportunitty to go to an event like that, but I'm so glad for you.)

Looking forward for the pictures ;)

Sorry for being away, but you know why, and now I'm feeling very tired.

Have a great weekend dear.

xoxo

Viki said...

Hi Grayburn!

I just wanted to say hello to you, it's been a while. :-)

How are you dear? I see you had a great time at The Fashion Awards: can't wait to see those pictures!

It's good to be back and I'm looking forward to visiting you and other great friends much more often now.

Have a great week!

Love,
Izar

Tricia said...

love this photo!