1. 2. 3. Skin, Lips Going Forward | Grayburn 4. 5.

Tuesday

Skin, Lips Going Forward


Image: Model Barbara (for Antoine Peters) with matte skin and attention-grabbing lipstick on, waiting to be groomed backstage.


So it seems we have reached the end of the road for shimmers and luminous finishes. Perhaps I should have clued in on that as we have seen loads of powdery skin in magazines lately. But I hadn't realized that we are gong to have to let go of it all!

This insight is what I learned when I chatted with Pernel, who was leading a group of makeup artists at the Antoine Peters show during fashion week. According to him, the ladies who used to wear lipgloss are now craving something a little more sophisticated and grown-up. Lipgloss may soon be a thing of the past as lipstick in bold hues create drama that stand out and is compatible with the dark dark clothes for fall/winter.

The matte look appeals to me. I actually long for the smooth-dry feel of it all. As soon as the weather says autumn, my face powders and lipsticks are coming out from storage!

How do you feel about this 'cooling' trend?


Credit: Grayburn, vogue.com, style.com

Related Posts



3 Comments:

Seeker said...

I'm so in love with this new trend.
You know I don't wear much make-up, but I think this trend has my name in it, with lipstick in focus.
So dramatic and cool....
Thanks for being so informative.

My dear, sorry if I dirburbed you with my post about my mother, it wasn't my intention.
Let it go darling, it's something that we must not think too much.
Sometimes it knocks me down, but I have to go on, because I must be well to support her and to live.
Again thank you for your support.

Lots of love
xoxo

Tracy Roa said...

I was never really into lipglosses, and I have a good amount of lipsticks that I hardly even use. I suppose when the weather starts cooling down, I'll take them out of hiding. It's still pretty hot here in Cali.

♔Jaimie said...

oh i love the lips on the last model!