1. 2. 3. In Training | Grayburn 4. 5.

Thursday

In Training

Hello. It has been a long time since we last chatted. How have you been?

A lot's been happening lately. Every night I stumble into bed and fall asleep for what seems like only a few seconds and awake to the disturbing sound of my mobile alarm clock. I wish there was a gentler way to be awoken.

But honestly I am not complaining. I am finally doing something that I love and even if I am falling asleep on my way to work, I arrive on set excited and intrigued by what is about to take place. I cannot even start to describe the feeling. That feeling of not knowing exactly what you are going to do with the makeup and hair. The little time you have when you and a stylist, a photographer, and a model discuss the ways to proceed. And then we all get to work, doing the things we were all trained to do. Doing our part. What happens in between can be frustrating, tedious or even surprising. But when we sit down at the end to look at the results...it is such a fantastic feeling!

In the past few weeks I've had the privilege to work with some amazing people. I love my job as a makeup artist! I will post pictures of some of the things I've done here shortly. I promise!


Credit: Grayburn (Terms of Use)

Related Posts



2 Comments:

Seeker said...

Oh G***** I'm so HAPPY for you, because you're doing what you love and with people that understands you!!!!!!!!

How wonderful my dear!!!!!!!!

Yes, please, show us some pictures, I'll be looking forward.

Hope you'll have a gorgeous weekend

Luv
xoxo

watercoloursky said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it, I can't wait to see pictures :)

What you said about your alarm reminded me of this product:

http://www.lighttherapy.com/daybreak.html

It sounds good but I haven't had the heart to spend that much on an alarm clock yet :)