1. 2. 3. 22.01.2009 | Grayburn 4. 5.

Thursday

22.01.2009

Shoes from Casadei

With the Amsterdam International Fashion Week officially arriving next week, I have started browsing through Spring '09 trends which sort of wets my appetite a little. There will be a total of 19 designers showing their A/W '09-10 collections at this 10th edition of fashion week. I sit here reviewing the list of shows and feel slightly lightheaded with anticipation and excitement. For those who are interested in knowing which designers will be showing, here is the catwalk schedule and the Downtown schedule (which is open to the public).

Here are a few looks I'm looking forward to wearing for S/S '09, what are yours?



Ethnic Detail - Anna Sui


Think heat and earthy brights. These colors look great against heat-flushed cheeks. Show off tribal patterns and embellish with handmade accessories. Rough a little texture into the hair and wear brick red on the lips.










Fitted Jumpsuit - Proenza Schouler


I have always had a thing for bodysuits. This one from Proenza Schouler is fits and skims at the right places. Its simple coloring means that whatever accessories you will add to the outfit will pop. Balance the slimline of the bodysuit with loose wavy hair and keep the makeup simple with just some emphasis on the brows.






Different Stripes - Viktor & Rolf


Not the ordinary kind. Stripes are not reserved only for sailors anymore. Wear them at night to make a grand impact. To turn heads in an off-shoulder number, sweep hair off the face.











Breezy Harem - Ralph Lauren


Another S/S trend that I will want to live in. Some harem pants can be difficult to wear but this belted version has a luxurious and easy feel. Team it with a simple tank and some soft leather sandals in tan. Let your hair down and fluffy.



Credit: Grayburn (Terms of Use), harpersbazaar.com.au

Related Posts



3 Comments:

Seeker said...

Hi gorgeous :)
I'm def looking for a jumpsuit!!!
And slouchy pants, cropped, I know aren't flatering but they have something I like...

Are you going to be on AIFW???

Nice stuff you're looking for, dear

Take care, have a nice time and rest

xoxo

Grayburn said...

The Seeker, hey you gorgeous back! So it sounds like we're looking for the same things! Tell me if you spot something somewhere ok?

Yes, I'll be there to all the shows next week. It's going to be tiring but I'm so excited. I'll report back about them next week :)

hugs,
Grayburn

Viki said...

Mmm, you have good taste but we leaready knew that that. :-D
Seriously, the first and last look are gorgeous and are definitely something I'd wear this summer.