1. 2. 3. First Steps Of A New Adventure | Grayburn 4. 5.


First Steps Of A New Adventure

Makeup by John Kattenberg of House of Orange

It is funny how life pans out sometimes. I really could no longer ignore all the things that were happening around me, even if I tried. And trust me, things were happening. Telling me to chase after something that I have been too scared to pursue.

I took one small step at a time (which occasionally felt excruciatingly tedious). But one thing led to the next and I decided that I wanted to go back to school. It all really didn't happen right away and the moment that I made the decision was more than 6 months ago. After a few months of visiting what I believe to be the best institutes who offer what I was looking for, I decided finally on attending the best of the best. Naturally right? As with any good school, there was a selection process. The thought of being turned away, and possibly told to never come back again, would be a devastating one. I knew that I had to stand out somehow. When I finally got the call to go in for THE interview, I turned into a bundle of nervous/happy wreck when I hung up the phone.

The day of the interview I arrived so nervous that my hands were shaking uncontrollably. I couldn't even hold onto that cup of tea that they gave me. I don't remember a thing that I had said or was said to me. All I recall is that they had to tell me three times at the end of our interview that I had been indeed accepted. Ok, not only was I slow but I really could not wrap my head around that when I heard it!

It seems I will get to start school next week and I am elated even though I have never been the school type. Oh I failed to mention that I will be going to Makeup School! That makes it a hundred times more interesting in my eyes. I love the thought of being a student again and I look forward to being a shameless one. I vow to be the one to show up early and that I will show up with all my pencils sharpened ahead of time. I will decide on what to wear to class a week before and even read my materials before the class and not on the way on the bus. Do I sound like I had been a bad student in the past? So true.

Being as well prepared as possible is what I want to do but what I have come to learn is that one can never manage to prepare for everything; especially when it has to do with the fashion/beauty industry. I guess that is something that makes it the more attractive to me and it feels as if I am finally taking on a positive challenge that is invigorating.

I cannot wait to learn all the wonderful things and work with some of the finest when I attend John Kattenberg's House of Orange Makeup School. I hope you are as excited as me on the path that I have chosen and that you will welcome it when I share my journey with you! And thank you for always being there for me because I know that I could not have come this far without you.

Credit: Grayburn (Terms of Use)

Related Posts


Opé - Style Artist said...

I am happy that you are walking in the direction of your dreams.

' * : . b | u 3 . : * ' said...

how exciting! I look forward to reading all about it :) When do you start?

shopinchic said...

That is great news! Can't wait for when you share your adventures.

It's never to late to go back to school. Just last August I finished my Fashion Merchandising/Design diploma and I already want to go back to school!

Cris said...

Congrats :D!!!
I wish you all the best with this :). Even though I don't know you (lol).

Solo said...

Hi there,
well,congrats,i can't wait to read about you adventure..
Take care friend..
Hope to see you on my blog when you come back..=D
Have a nice day..

The Seeker said...

Great news!!!!!!!
I'm so happy that you're going to do something you dream of.
And you will be great!!!!!!!!
All the best my dearest
Love you!!!


Grayburn said...

I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU...for your supportive words and encouragement. Can't wait to share all of it with you!


Leigh said...

Congrats. You'll do great! Take Care.