1. 2. 3. 7 Days Of Summer Beauty Classics '08 - Day Five | Grayburn 4. 5.

Wednesday

7 Days Of Summer Beauty Classics '08 - Day Five


Just look at these two posing for the camera. They both belong to spot # 5 on my
Summer Beauty Classics '08 list because they go hand in hand when it comes to creating a dewy summer flush.

Nars The Multiple in South Beach

Putting aside jokes and obvious adult-only choices for names in Nars' products, this brand constantly put out products that are at the top of my list for quality and universality.

Pictured left is The Multiple in a shade called South Beach. If you notice the fine shimmer it holds, you can imagine that this does not produce a sweaty glow but rather a surreal one. It may not have as much of the cool tones as in MAC's Emote blush, but it is not to say that this has overly warm tones either. Nars describe this shade as a "shimmering apricot" but on me, it translates to a gorgeous tan.

I dab on this color with my MAC #190 foundation brush which in my opinion, has great cushiony bristles. I usually place and blend the color on the protruding parts of my face where the sun naturally places color (cheekbones, top of the ears, bridge of the nose).

Tarte Cheek Stain in Tipsy

A firm favorite of mine and always low in or out of stock at Sephora, this Cheek Stain from Tarte smells like Summer to me because of its fruity peachy/apricot sorbet scent. It seems that Tarte's Tipsy is currently sold out on their website and I caught wind that this is one of Salma Hayek's favorite products!

Don't let the brightness scare you. To me, this has the perfect combination of flush and warmth. The stain applies as a sheer wash of color. Rather than swiping this over my cheeks (which I feel disrupts my foundation), I pat this on with a brush in the same manner as with Nars' Multiples. It may initially apply slightly sticky, but it manages to dry off into a long-lasting stain.

Leave it as is for a natural glowy flush on the cheeks, or lightly dust over it with some powder blush to set and ensure that there is color on your cheeks the entire day.


Credit: Grayburn (Terms of Use)
Subscription to this blog is available on the sidebar

Related Posts



3 Comments:

Seeker said...

Such great information as always dear.

About my hair I'm thinking if I should do a mascara to it, what do you think?

I always use conditionair...

xoxo

watercoloursky said...

I've always wanted to try Tarte Cheekstains, but the fact that it can mess up mineral makeup turns me off. (And the price too :/ )

You mentioned using a brush to apply it over foundation, is that mineral or liquid foundation?

Thanks for the reply to my previous questions :) I've also tagged you in my latest post!

Anonymous said...

Hey :)

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

I'm itching to get my hands on NARS The Multiple especially in St. Barts!