1. 2. 3. The Prayers Of SSS Lashes | Grayburn 4. 5.

Wednesday

The Prayers Of SSS Lashes


Even when I have found the one mascara that answers the prayers sung by my Short, Sparse & Straight lashes, I can't help but to be lured into trying yet another mascara; especially if it came GWP.

I was wandering through the isles at Zellers when I was in Toronto and came across that wonderful line of eyeshadow quads from Revlon. I was pulled into one with shimmery lavender shades in the Lavender Meadow quad (reviewed); especially because it had a tube of Luxurious Lengths Mascara attached to it.

Revlon Luxurious Lengths Mascara

So what about the mascara? The one I have is in Blackest Black. The color that it deposits on my lashes is more of a natural black. The formula itself is not clumpy and not overly wet or thick. When dried, the formula does not flake and has even resisted moisture better than other waterproof formulas I have tried. So far, so good.

The brush, it seems, can be the Pièce de résistance for some but a deal-breaker for others. On one side of the brush, the bristles are flat (think Maybelline Lash Discovery mascara). On the other, the bristles are rounded and curved. Its doublesided-ness tackles the issue of having separate brushes for volumizing and lengthening. Not bad, except for one thing. The result is not as 'luxurious' or curvaceous as the company claims. The stiff bristles although are good for ensuring separation and no clumps, it is simply too stiff to produce any curve. Several swipes is necessary to deposit enough color to show up on the lashes. This mascara, while it may be good for those seeking natural looking results, those of us that need more help in the lash department might stick to using mascaras that address volume and length separetly.

Vic's Secret Heated Lash Curler

Rather than being an impulse purchase, this heated lash curler has been in the planning for some time.

The one that I finally decided on is actually rather inexpensive. Excluding the cost of shipping, this heated lash curler from Vic's Secret was less than an average visit at Starbucks.

The gadget comes in a handy purse-friendly format with two levels of heat settings, powered by one AAA battery. My initial try had me going about it very careful. At first I touched the heated part with my fingers and then slowly I allowed it to come near my closed eye. It isn't hot actually at the lowest setting and it only produces a slight curl that did not hold for too long. However, the highest setting (which feels warm to my lids) produced the kind of curl that I look for. The result is curls that curve naturally without that unnatural bend.

The desired result is achieved by first applying Revlon's Luxurious Lengths mascara to my lashes, waiting until the mascara is completely dried, then curl with the heated lash curler. Was I satisfied? Yes!


Revlon is available at your local drugstore and Vic's Secret is available at sasa.com.


Credit: Grayburn
(Terms of Use)
Subscription to this blog is available on the sidebar.

Related Posts



2 Comments:

Seeker said...

Thank you for all this information.

I got a sample of a Chanel mascara, but I didn't try it yet, I'll say something to you when I do it.

Take care Love
xoxo

watercoloursky said...

You make the heated curler sound temping! I'm not a fan of 90 degree lashes either so I usually under-curl rather than over-curl mine.
I'd love to try heated curlers too but I've heard they aren't good for your lashes...But its either that or falsies :(