1. 2. 3. 7 Days Of Summer Beauty Classics '08 - Day Seven | Grayburn 4. 5.

Monday

7 Days Of Summer Beauty Classics '08 - Day Seven


Summer for me is not all about wearing bright colors. On those days when I don't reach for the warm colors such as those from MAC's Neo Sci-Fi collection (reviewed), I found myself craving for the cool tones in Christian Dior's 5 Couleurs Palette in #220 called Precious Hope. This palette is not a new release but it has been a staple for me for quite some time now. It has proven itself to be resourceful especially for the times when I want to create a natural but interesting pastel-ized smoky eyes.

One of the main reasons that I would need to use such a subdued combination of colors on my eyes is to accommodate the brightly-colored mouths of Summer '08. These pastel shades work particularly well because they are matte but not in any way chalky. Looking at the dustiness of the compact, you can tell that this is a well-used and loved palette. However, you may notice that the 'CD' on the white glittery shade in the middle is still almost intact. I cannot seem to get any color payoff with that one.

As with all shadows from Christian Dior, they have very soft textures that are incredible to blend and play with. The great thing also about their shadows is that the fine powder does not seem to want to settle into any fine lines.


Credit: Grayburn (Terms of Use)
Subscription to this blog is available on the sidebar

Related Posts



0 Comments: