1. 2. 3. A Little On The Cosmetics Convention & A Lot Of Online Fun | Grayburn 4. 5.

Wednesday

A Little On The Cosmetics Convention & A Lot Of Online Fun















Just dropping by to say a quick hello to everyone and to let you know that everything went very well today at the cosmetics convention. Boy did I get a whole lot of information today! I need to sit down and digest everything. There are lots of ideas and questions floating in my head about the cosmetics industry and I will try to get to the bottom of some of them during this convention.

The main topic today was, and the focus of this year's convention revolves around, organic or natural beauty products. Out of curiosity, I would like to know what you fine readers consider as 'organic' or 'natural'? Do you think that these products are just as good, better, or worse than more mainstream products? I will be interested to hear your thoughts on this.

So for now, I must say goodnight, because I'm exhausted, and leave you to play on a website I have come across lately. Let me introduce you to Taaz. I had so much fun giving myself, and other celebrities, a computer-generated makeover. At their site you can actually 'try on' certain brands of foundations, lipsticks, concealers, ligloss, eye colors, hairstyles and so forth! Let me tell you, I didn't think that Lucy Liu would look so great with vibrant makeup (since we always see her in neutral tones), nor that I can laugh so hard giving makeovers.

Have fun with it and let me know how you did and/or share your transformation success or failure with us!


Credits: Grayburn

Related Posts



6 Comments:

Fabuless Beauty said...

OH, I forgot to tell you...I just added you to my blogroll.

Seeker said...

I'm glad you liked today's convention.
I'll check Taaz, I'm needing a good laugh...

I'm sorry you got the flu, I hope you'll get well son.
Take care dear.
Have a good and resting night.

xoxo

La Belette Rouge said...

I have tried many natural and organic brands and I have never found them to live up to the non-natural brands. As a matter of fact, after so many disappointments with natural brands I am hesitant to even try them.
Sounds like you are having a great time. Get plenty of rest and enjoy the conference!

Grayburn said...

Hey Fabu-less, thanks and I've just added you to mine as well!

Hi seeker, yeah me too actually. Thanks for the get well wishes, I had another good day at the convention but I'm really achy and tired now. Talk to you soon dear. hugs.

Hi Belette Rouge, I hear that quite a bit as well that organic brands don't deliver as much. However, I haven't yet tried the Stella McCartney line which is supposed to be quite 'active'. My experience with Ren and Alqvimia have been quite good however. There is something to natural products but I think they still need to do a whole lot more studies to get more data and different formulations. Thanks for coming by and wishing me well and leaving your thoughts. I always look forward to reading them!

Take care ladies!
Grayburn

na said...

To be honest, I don't know much about natural makeup. Obviously I like to keep as much unnatural crap off of my face as possible, but that's very unlikely, haha. The only thing "organic" that I really use is mineral foundation. Other than that, I don't really pay much attention to mineral or organic makeup. :\

Viki said...

You lucky thing, you! ^_^

Since a few years ago I've been trying to avoid artificial stuff a much as I can (not always possible unfortunately) and have been using "natural" stuff, but I've noticed that the differences between one natural brand and the other can be huge. Still, I always prefer the natural version because it simply makes me feel better to know I'm not poisoning myself.

It's just difficult to decide which brand (or even which product) to choose unless you know a bit about the usual ingredients in cosmetics and even then you can't really find unbiased information on them anywhere. One source tells you that xyz chemical is safe the other warns you against it. I'm actually sceptical about P. Begoun too.

I think you have to rely on your instincts, at least in some part and experiment to see which product feels the best. I also think the simpler the ingredient list and the less ingredients there are, the better, but that's not a golden rule either. Even natural things can harm or irritate your skin, i.e.: essential oils.

Ouch, I've just written a litany...