1. 2. 3. Mineral Makeup - Silk Naturals Foundation | Grayburn 4. 5.

Wednesday

Mineral Makeup - Silk Naturals Foundation


There is something to be said for creating your own shade of mineral foundation. Those of us who have a certain controlling side to our personality will appreciate Silk Naturals ingenuity in letting us play along!

If I may say so, the most frustrating part of purchasing mineral makeup online is finding the perfect shade of foundation. Sometimes, we may even have to take on the challenge of mixing different shades together when our skin tone happens to fall in between shades.

Silk Naturals has heard our cries and is the first company to package a foundation kit which encourages us to roll up our sleeves and create our own perfect shade of foundation. They sell kits which allow you to create your own shade of ebony, buttery gold or warm gold. Each kit comes with a packet of white and colored mineral foundation, a measuring spoon, their famous perfecting powder, a user manual and an empty sifter jar to mix and hold your mineral foundation. Beginners can take advantage of their sample kit which includes a small sample of each of the three available shades.

The process, although a little intimidating to me at first, was actually fun and satisfying. Even with my experience in handling makeup, I managed to create a shade that was slightly too dark during my first attempt. I felt like a complete and utter failure. I even almost gave it all up until I decided, out of desperation, to stalk the company's forum for guidance. My call for help was quickly answered by a staff member who simply advised me to add more white powder (!). After several more times of trial & error, I finally had a shade that I could call my own! Grayburn's personal shade is 12 to 1 of white to buttery gold, with a dash of ebony.

The silk powder in the foundation produces a natural and flawless finish. Numerous raves scattered about the websphere boast about Silk Naturals' superior formula. However, my allergy to their foundation is my own personal tragedy. Now I am left saddened and envious of those lucky souls who can be artists of their own Silk Naturals mineral foundation.


Credits: silknaturals.com

Related Posts



6 Comments:

Makeupfairytale said...

oooh i definitely have to try this foundation out. thanks for doing a review about it! =P great blog by the way ;) have a great summer

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hi Grayburn! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the lovely comment you left :) Always a pleasure to meet another blog sister!

I've tried Silk Naturals too but was a little disappointed with it :/ I'm currently using Buff'd foundation and it is so wonderful! It's lightweight and the coverage is very buildable. LOVE IT.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed your long weekend. After stopping by your blog, I just answered my own question that I asked you in my comments about where you're from. Must be amazing to live in Europe. I hope one day I can visit out the states.

Hope all is going well on your side. Thanks again for stopping by and I hope to hear from you again :) Take care, hun.

Vanessa said...

I love SN! I swear I feel like I am a spokesperson for them! HAHA

Anonymous said...

Great review. Silk Naturals is one of the mineral makeup companies I haven't tried yet. I'm adding it to my list right now. Also I'd love to exchange links with you so let me know if you're interested. Take care.

Grayburn said...

Leigh
Thanks, glad it may be useful for you! It sounds like a good idea to link up, can you drop me a mail with your details?

thanks!
Grayburn

na said...

I like the concept, but I can't say that it's worked out for me. I tried mixing my own, but always ended up with a formula that was slightly off in one way or another.