1. 2. 3. CHANEL - Autumn-Winter 2008/09 | Grayburn 4. 5.

Friday

CHANEL - Autumn-Winter 2008/09

Chanel is the essence of Parisien extravagance that most of us can only dream of having. I remember visiting Paris for the first time when I was 14 and entering the Chanel flagship store on 31 rue Cambon. That was an amazing experience that has stuck with me since.


We entered the store, shaking in our boots, hoping to be ignored and trying not to converse in the few words of French we knew. There was to be no such luck. There was plenty of help at hand and we were quickly introduced to a dizzying array of clothing and bags bearing the Chanel emblem. Our assistant however pardoned herself saying that she had to attend to something else. Bien sur! I was flipping through one of the racks of evening gowns when I noticed a very elegant hand to my left doing the same. I looked up and it was Claudia Schiffer! Her milky complexion and bombshell blond hair was quite daunting. She was dressed in a blue Chanel suit and there were 2 bodyguards at stand-by. I thought I was going to faint! Instead of saying "good sale huh?" like I usually do to fellow shoppers who are also trowling, a small embarrassing giggle was all that came out of me. Actually I am not completely sure of what I said because it was an an out of body experience.

I went over to my sister who was looking at sunglasses to sit and recover. She coaxed me into the changing room to try on one of the dresses. What do you know? I looked into one of the changing rooms and there they were Jasmin Le Bon and another girl who also looked 'model-y'. They were Half-naked and giggling. I needed to sit down on that chair to recover from another shock. I later read that Ms. Le Bon likes to collect Chanel ballet pumps because apparently she couldn't imagine ever not having them.













I started this post wanting to share with you why I especially love Chanel in 2008. I guess I got quite caught up in the spirit of Chanel and started reminiscing.












Their Spring '08 makeup collection is to die for and their Autumn/Winter one looks to be just as irresistible. I cannot wait to get my hands on that shimmery gold/bronzy eyeshadow that brightened those model faces at their A/W - '08/09 show. As always, Chanel puts out some original accessories each season. There is always something to look forward to; especially those duo-tone tights in nude/solid black and also in black lace/solid black.


















Credits: Chanel.com

Related Posts



3 Comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

When I go to Paris this summer I will go to Chanel and buy a lipstick. I wish I was going to buy the ballet flats--but I will have to settle for buying a lipstick from the actual Chanel store.

Seeker said...

Hi dear! Hope evrything is going fine.

Oh I would love to go to Paris... I'm not dyeing without going there.

Yes, I'll post about my cosmetic purchases... did I mention that I thought of you several times?

I bought something Chanel, I think it was my nail polish.

I also bought a skin care cream that I started to use immediatly that day, and I feel my skin softer, I'm glad about it.

Thank you sweetheart, take care

xoxo

Grayburn said...

la belette rouge: are you planning on purchasing a classic red lipstick? their glossimers are great as well if you're in the mood for a gloss.

the seeker: i'm doing pretty good, thanks! thanks for thinking of me (i hope for the good!). Can't wait to have you back!


Take care!
Grayburn