1. 2. 3. Skincare Staples Stash - Part I | Grayburn 4. 5.

Monday

Skincare Staples Stash - Part I

To pick up from where I left off last week, it really has been quite a while since I have talked to you about Alqvimia. Lately, I have been experiencing some irritations on my skin; probably due to this cold I have that just doesn't seem to want to go away. My skin feels quite raw because of all the rubbing I have done to my nose and from living in a dry environment.

This is the time when I look to my stash of skincare for help and when I vow to not try another new product on my skin until it is nurtured back to health. In case you don't already know, I have 4 different stashes of skincare products. The first is made up of products that need to be tested, the second is for those that I have tested and do not like (but have yet to toss), the third includes products that I like but that do not quite make it to the fourth and final category: the products that are my absolute staples. The products in this category have their place there because they perform the way they're supposed to and are also the ones that have saved my skin time after time.

Let me introduce you to one of the stars in my staples stash: The Alqvimia Beauty Extract. I use the beauty extract that is designed for combination/oily skin even though I don't have oily skin. Their extracts are made of really high quality plant oils and the plant essences from the very first cold press. This means we are getting the very best quality. This was apparent to me during my first application. It is very nourishing and it forms a protective layer that shields my skin from external stressors. I also really love the pump glass bottle because I prefer these over ones with the messy twist cap. One bottle of this lasts me usually for half a year (if using only once per night). Another benefit of the oil is that its smell puts me in the mood for bed. One pump massaged onto my face each night before bed and I'm ready to doze off!

What is the one skincare product you cannot live without? What is in your skincare staples stash?

Related Posts



11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

My stable would have to be the Cetaphil face cleanser

La Belette Rouge said...

Just found your blog. Love this kind of post.
For me, it is definitely Avene's Retrinol. Please stop by my blog, today I have a post about anti-aging beauty products.

Viki said...

I think I'll have to vote for Weleda's Wildrose Body Oil. It's the only thing that makes my face less shiny and prevents it from producing more oil than I would like. I buy the 10 ml sample bottles because they're easier to handle and I find myself reaching for this oil when I want extra protection for my skin or when the weather is warm and I don't want my face to be shiny.

Actually, there isn't a skincare product I could not live without(or at least I have yet to find one) but I also think I'd find it hard to survive this cold winter weather without my Alverde Grapefruit and Bamboo body lotion. It smells great, keeps my skin soft and calm 24/7 and doesn't break the bank either. :-)

Anonymous said...

'm gonna have to vote for my creme de la mer. I know it's expensive but a tub of this stuff lasts forever!

Lovely stuff you've got here on your blog..

Anonymous said...

You have a very nice blog, good post…keep up the good job

Vanessa said...

Hi Grayburn! My skincare staple would have to be Pure Luxe's Cleansing Oil and Calamine Soap Bar, it keeps my face moisturized and not overdrying, as well as keeping those annoying zits away!

Seeker said...

I really haven't a skincare product that I could not live without. Maybe I would have it now that I feel my skin is getting drier.
What I actually use before go to bed are those Nivea Visage face cleanser litlle towels with Hydramine and Aloe Vera, to clean my face.
And some mornings a Diadermine day care cream.

That's why I must think about finding some new products to take more care with my skin.

Oh, and off course my shower gel with avena.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I've got so many favorites it's really hard to narrow down. I think though the very basic would be the L'Occitane hand cream and H2O skincare line.

enjoy your site very much!
Kate

Kimberly said...

I can't live without my Avon All in One Max cream moisturizer. This cream is the only thing I can find rich enough for my very skin.

Grayburn said...

Wow ladies! All these wonderful suggestions of things to try :)

Anon:
I wish I can get Cetaphil here in the netherlands. It is difficult to find a good gentle non-scented cleanser here. Their cleanser is a classic.

La Belette Rouge
I've been wanting to get into the Avene line but didn't know which one to start with. I guess I know now, thanks!

Izar
Your dedication to Alverde and Weleda is great. It's nice to know that there are companies who produce consistently good products to summon such dedication and following.

Anon:
Have you tried the new Creme de la mer lite version and cleanser yet? I'm so curious about them. If so, please share with us :)

Sorina:
Thanks very much! I'll be checking yours often for recipes :)

Vanessa:
You're really tempting me with that soap and cleansing oil. Calamine sounds like the thing to solve my problems.

The seeker:
Can you tell us about the little towels and how you use them? How is Diaderme?

Anon:
The L'Occitane hand cream is another classic as well. I use their shea butter tub for my hands during the winter though. My hands are just getting so dry! Have you tried the whitening line from H2O? I heard good reviews.

iowagirl301:
I'm curious about Avon. I've actually never tried anything from them. What else can you recommend for an Avon newbie to try?

Kate Monoi said...

This oil looks like something I've been searching for! Can you tell us more about their products please?