1. 2. 3. Dilemna over Facial Cleanser | Grayburn 4. 5.

Friday

Dilemna over Facial Cleanser


...........the next chapter on my dilemma over facial cleanser

So it has been almost a week that I have been experimenting with the other cleanser. If you've missed the first two parts of the story, the first and the second are available here.

Yes ladies, I'm officially two-timing!

The new cleanser's name is Softymo Oil Cleansing Gel (aka SOCG). It comes in a large orange squeeze-tube. The texture of the cleansing liquid is something between a thick gel and an oil (exactly as the name implies). When spread on the face, it feels first like vanilla pudding then it turns into an oil after massaging it in. What I love about oil-based cleansers is that I can indulge in a daily dose of facial massage. Contrary to what everyone thinks, oil cleansers are not at all oily, after it has been rinsed off. I have heard quite a few miracle stories of how it helped alot of women with acne-prone skin, as well as ladies with dryer skin types.

This one isn't the one however. It left my skin moist because it left behind a film on my skin. Eventhough a toner following the wash fixed that easily, clinginess is not a good characteristic unless we're talking about dresses or suits. Although my skin looked more luminous after one wash, it actually took two washes with SOCG to remove my waterproof mascara. I will reserve this for days when I am not wearing much makeup.

In the meantime, I still have another (Sofina Cleanse Make Clear Oil) waiting for me to try on.

My experiment continues.......

Related Posts



2 Comments:

Seeker said...

I think I'm going to wait and see what is your definitely choice... and then I'll pick it up.
I know, I know, it can be inappropriate for my skin... but I'll see.

xoxo

Grayburn said...

Hello!
Oh please do check back a little later because I wanted to make sure I have given the Sofina cleanser enough time to see if it works well. I think that oil cleansers can be very good for most skin types if used properly. They are my personal favorites :)

kisses back,
Grayburn